About Me

My photo
Discipling Ministry called Impact 195 has transformed my thinking about service to God, dying to self, and the implications of a life lived for God's will and not my own.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Why should God let me into Heaven?


I ran across a document I wrote as part of an application to get into a choir.  The question asked, "What would you tell God if He asked you why should He let you into Heaven?"

Dear Lord,

I am a sinner, separated from you by my own rebellion and by my inherited unworthiness.  I have broken all of your commands at a heart level.  I have made myself God in my own sight.  I am very sorry for this.  (Rom 3:11)

However, you searched for me and called me.  I am so thankful for that.  I accepted your invitation to relationship in 1994.  I received you and made you my own.  I claimed your Son’s crucified blood and body as the payment for my sins.  I believe your Son is alive and exalted.  It is His worthiness and His alone that I claim as my own.   Your Holy Spirit’s seal has confirmed this.  I am a fellow heir with your own Son, and an adopted child of Yours. (John 11:25, Eph 1:7, Gal 3:26-29 and Gal 4:1-7)

You have marked me.  You chose me.  I have citizenship in Your Heaven now.  (Eph 1:13, Eph 2:8, Eph 1:4, Phil 4:20)

You cannot condemn me because I am buried with Christ, and resurrected with Him also.  I am so glad you only see your Son’s glory when you look at me.  Thank you for forgiving and forgetting my sins.  (Rom 8:1-2)

You have made these promises and declarations and cannot go back on your own word. (Psalm 145:14)


PS.  Of course God will not ask me why He needs to let me into His heaven.  My name will be already written in the book of Life, and I only long to hear the words, “Well done, good and faithful servant”.  

Thank you for the opportunity to remind myself of these wonderful, other-worldly, blessings on my life.

Jesus is coming soon.  And, I will be ready.


I wrote that 3 years ago in an application sense trying to show off my knowledge of eternal security.  Truthfully, I think I would probably just fall on my face and ask for Mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment