About Me

My photo
Discipling Ministry called Impact 195 has transformed my thinking about service to God, dying to self, and the implications of a life lived for God's will and not my own.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Raymart's ramparts

Rampart is a defensive wall.  Raymart is a young guy in the Philippines I met a couple of weeks ago.  I was so impressed with this young man's initiative and dedication to God's Word.  He decided back a few month's ago to memorize one verse a day for a year...well, he had over 100 memorized already...and he could recite them immediately with no hesitation.

I was thinking how writing God's Word on one's heart was a great shield and guard to his mind and soul.  Jesus used scripture to ward off and send running the devil.  He countered each temptation with scripture and truth to make all of Satan's schemes and lies null and ineffective.

Thank you Raymart for your example and encouragement to build ramparts of scripture around my heart and mind.

Psalm 119:9, 11 "How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. [11] I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you."

No comments:

Post a Comment